Wednesday, December 26, 2012

When Supermodels Were "Supermodels": 90's Candids

I'd like to take you back, if I may, to the 1990's, a gentler time; a time when it was supermodels-- and not Kardashians-- who graced the covers of every major fashion magazine.

To wit: (and yes, that's Karl Lagerfeld in the middle!)
 Backstage, Chanel Spring/Summer 1993 (from left to right: Helena Christensen, Claudia Schiffer, Karl Lagerfeld, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Estelle Lefebure)

The Trinity: Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington

 Love that Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss were at one point best friends. It's true, Google it.

Two things: How many people are swarming Cindy Crawford? and I can only imagine what crazy thoughts were running through the mind of the L'Evista (I just came up with that right now, and for the moment, it's amusing me) during this epic Versace show.

On that note, I'd like to take a minute to commemorate the L'Evista's all-time best quotes:
3. "We don’t Vogue. We are 'Vogue'."

2. "It was God who made me so beautiful. If I weren’t, then I’d be a teacher."
And of course…
1. "I don’t get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day."
 Also, for whatever it's worth, this is the L'Evista's coffee order: Half-caf, double-tall, non-fat, whole-milk foam, bone-dry, half-pump mocha, half sugar in the raw, double cup, no lid capp, to go.

 Claudia Schiffer, timeless.


In closing, I will leave you with the following Calvin Klein ad:
Yes, that's Mark Wahlberg, when he was still Marky Mark.

The 90's standard, what do we think? Can supermodels of today ever live up to it?

xx,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative